29 Mar Hiring a Design Assistant
Stacy Garcia Inc. seeks talented, creative, energetic and motivated candidate for a Design Assistant position in a creative, collaborative studio environment.
Stacy Garcia Inc. is a Nanuet, NY based leading licensing and design company with a collection of global lifestyle brands that add a well-traveled and sophisticated edge to the ever-evolving world of fashion and interiors. With roots in hospitality design, we offer inspired product lines across a number of markets and in categories including textiles, carpet, wallcovering, furniture and lighting.
The design assistant will aid design team in developing product and design, as well as, maintaining the studio. BA/BS/BFA Degree in Creative/Design Field is required. (Preferably Surface Pattern or Industrial Design, Graphic Design or Interior Design degrees would be considered). Portfolio required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in product design and development
- Create original artwork with direction from the Senior Design Team
- Adapt art or create coordinates from existing designs or documents
- Color palette development following color direction from the Senior Design Team
- Create and maintain collection driven print boards
- Maintain Copyright and Artwork Library
- Design and Illustrate new concepts and styles.
- Research trend development, awareness of market trends
- Research and develop new materials, colors and inspiration
- Appreciation for and understanding of the Stacy Garcia aesthetic.
- Work with teams to set up, take down and prep for presentations
Required Skills include:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign), Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Knowledge or experience working in SketchUp a plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A sophisticated color sense
- A resourceful and collaborative team player
- Excellent organization skills
*Please send a brief cover letter with .pdf file or link containing resume and samples of your work.