07 Apr Stacy’s Monthly Must-Haves: April
I am extremely excited to announce Life-Styled by Stacy Garcia’s newest feature, ‘Stacy’s Monthly Must-Haves‘. From products to exhibits, I will share what I am loving each month!
- Favorite gadget: Apple Watch Series 2: I have a VERY busy schedule! Between running multiple businesses and being a wife and mom of 4, it is important that I stay organized. The Apple Watch helps me keep track of my appointments, check emails on-the-go, and even check our social media platforms.
- Favorite exhibit: Late Antique Textiles and Modern Design exhibition, The Met Fifth Avenue: I am always looking for new and exciting events to attend. Luckily, I didn’t have to go too far to find this incredibly interesting exhibition! ‘Late Antique Textiles and Modern Design’, compares patterns and roundels that are found on textiles from the late periods in Egypt to similar motifs in postcards between 1871-1949. As a designer, I am constantly looking to the past to find inspiration for my own work.
- Favorite new product: Stacy Garcia Commercial for In2green’s knit throw: My team and I have been working very closely with In2green, a leader in luxury sustainable home goods and accessories, to create a signature collection of throws and bed scarfs. With the popularity of the white bed in hospitality, our new collection features signature knit designs in energetic colors, giving hotel properties the opportunity to personalize their guestrooms in a truly unique way.
- Favorite hotel: Sir Adam, designed by ICRAVE: Sir Adam is a luxury boutique hotel inspired by music, travel and its’ surrounding neighborhood of Overhoeks. I love how ICRAVE, the creative minds behind this project, found the perfect balance between refined expectation and raw, dynamic style. As a designer, I am acutely aware of my surroundings and appreciate the creative process of fellow designers.
- Favorite book: My Journey by Donna Karan: I can’t put this book down…it’s currently waiting for me on my nightstand! As many of you know, Donna Karan was a very important figure in the design industry. She paved the way for dressing like an empowered woman. However, My Journey is about much more than the fashion world…it is the story of a young woman who dreamed big, fought hard, broke some rules, and loved passionately along the way.